Monday, October 8, 2007

serenade my soul

I know her as Lingy. According to her profile, she's only a few years older than I am, but a half a world away, in the United Kingdom. I chose this particular blog because I've been following it for several years. I don't remember how exactly, but I somehow found her blog (or she found mine) and we started reading each other's. Over the course of the years, I've learned about her through some of the vague entries. This blog isn't something that you can just start at the most recent entry and just read through, but rather, something you are able to absorb over time. Sometimes she writes random thoughts on a topic, sometimes a peice of her day, sometimes it's a heartfelt entry over emotions. You never learn much about the physical person of Lingy, or even much about her personality (to a certain extent), but you begin to understand her feelings. You don't always know what the struggle is, but you are able to see how it affects her and how she is able to overcome it. I empathize with her emotions, so I find the blog to be interesting. Her ambiguity is facinating, but it may not be everyone's cup of tea. For me personally, I love the fact that it's just a small snapshot into a person's life, a person just like me, simply living their life. That I can relate to someone I've never met and know that there is someone out there going through some of the same things as me is comforting. I know her as Lingy, and I chose her blog.

http://lingychan.livejournal.com/

1 comment:

caroline said...

Interesting... I didn't realize that you had a personal connection to her and that you read each others' blogs. Glad that you could work your after hours reading into our class.