Sunday, December 16, 2007

The University Writing Experience

I'm not exactly sure what I should say. I started out in this class by mistake almost- I had no idea there were THEMES to the University Writing courses! If I had known that, I most certainly would have picked a different topic, as women's autobiographies are not exactly my interest. However, I didn't know that, and in retrospect, I'm thankful I didn't. To be honest, I had a great experience in the class. Since I began studying English, I always have felt like I was strongest in reading and writing [as opposed to speaking] and although I do not claim to be an extraordinary writer, people have said I could even pass for a native speaker. This class broke my conceptions about how to write and really helped me to understand what writing in English is all about. I learned about formulating a strong thesis, organizing my papers effectively, and citations. I can't say the class was particularly easy, but it was a very good class. I feel like I have really improved a great deal from start to finish of this class and as I think about the past semester and what has happened, I can't help but feel happy that this was one of the classes I was blessed to take.

No comments: